Appels à projets 2015
Ouverture de l'Appel à projets 2015 de la Fondation Alliance BioSecure
The Alliance BioSecure Foundation under the aegis of the Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale concludes in 2015 its funding for Prion Research. The 2015 Alliance BioSecure call is different from the previous ones as it is focused on the clinical application of prion detection methods in humans.
The Alliance BioSecure Research Foundation under the aegis of the Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale is therefore pleased to announce the opening of its 2015 call for projects granted with a total budget of € 330 000.
- Clinical application of prion detection methods in humans.
- Projects must come from teams based in public or non-profit institution in France or abroad.
- The applicant must be a tenured researcher of a public research organism, a hospital, a university or a non-profit institution.
- Applications may involve one or several teams, in France or abroad
- One or two grant applications will be funded. Requested budget (between 100 000 € and 330 000 € for a period up to 2 years) may include equipment, consumables, mission, clinical and/or personnel costs.
- Because of the specific theme of the call the following scientific criteria will be important:
- Evaluation of the detection method on real patient samples
- Comparison with existing diagnostic methods (CSF, MRI, neuropathological…)
- Evaluation of sensitivity, specificity, repeatability and reproducibility of the assay
- Use of external and internal quality controls
- A multi- site evaluation will be preferred but not compulsory
The selection will be performed in two steps:
The project will be evaluated and selected by the Foundation Scientific Advisory Board following an independent assessment from external referees. Selected applicants will be invited to Paris to present their program for a final selection of one or two projects.
Scientific Advisory Board
- Pr Sylvain Lehmann, chairman, Inserm, Montpellier
- Pr Dominique Costagliola, Inserm, Paris
- Pr Jacques-Christian Darbord, APHP, Paris
- Dr Jean-Philippe Deslys, CEA, Fontenay aux Roses
- Pr Didier Guillemot, Institut Pasteur, Paris
- New deadline for receipt of application form: 30 June 2015
- Notification of Grants awarded: October 2015
Contact: Dr Valérie de Broglie, Director, 33 (0) 1 47 61 89 66